Monday, August 2, 2010

The Great Outdoors

After one month in ICUs, Neurology Wards, and Rehab Facilities I got my first taste of fresh air yesterday. My beautiful girlfriend took the reins on the old wheelchair and we spent a few glorious hours rolling around the lakes, gardens and fountains in Central Park. It could not have been nicer.

And it is also about time I give a shout out to Naomi. Everyday of this ordeal she has been by my side, and will continue to be by my side. As my world has changed daily, chaos on top of chaos, she has been the constant, the one thing I know I can rely on. Simply, I am humbled by her love.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting outside, Scott! What a milestone. It was a gorgeous, perfect day, I'm glad you and Naomi got to enjoy it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to meet Naomi and congrats on getting outside. Mel and family.

    ReplyDelete