Tuesday, August 3, 2010

When It Rains....

Friends-

This email may not be the most well written thing you read, forgive me ahead of time.

Last night, the building where Naomi and I live, caught on fire. It seems to have been contained to the roof and the upper levels, but 2 of the 14 units in our building are in terrible shape, the upper floors have smoke and water damage. Our apartment fared better but not too well. We were subjected to a lot of water damage. The ceilings in the living room and bedroom downstairs had to be ripped out, as well as portions of walls all over the place. What else needs to be done we are not sure and a time-line on repairs is uncertain.

The frustrating part is I may be released as soon as the end of next week, which is amazing, but I am not sure if the apartment will be habitable. To say this is a frustrating circumstance would be an understatement, compounded with what has already happened it is almost comical, and forgive me if I want to scream.

If my emails and posts are a bit slower for the near future apologies. The balancing of rehab, planning for release, daily concerns, and now fire damage is a lot right now. This may be a moment where I ask some of you that live close to us for some help. Just know Naomi and I are safe, nobody was hurt in the fire, the damage can be repaired, and we are doing are best to work through another obstacle on the road back to normality.

All the best,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment