Monday, August 16, 2010

Release

So as previously mentioned I am heading home tomorrow. Good news. Funny, when I got my release date about a week and a half ago I was worried to death. At the time I still couldn't use my left arm, walking was getting better but far from comfortable, and the weakness of my body had me worrying for my own safety.

Right now I am feeling pretty good about getting out, actually great. As soon as I was cleared to use the left arm things started taking off. Using all my limbs in tandem (novel idea to be able to use your whole body) the pieces started falling into place. My walk has improved immensely, when I exercise I am working everything together, and another week of strengthening has made me that much more comfortable. Couple that with working on my balance, and more importantly working on stairs, the idea of being released has me flat out ecstatic.

Also, mom and dad have returned to help out with rehab and to piece the house back together after the fire. They will be relieving some of the stress of doing it all on our own. Just a quick note to friends who have asked to help once I am released, I will be needing your help soon enough, but for the first few weeks I have the wellness team in place, I am going to try and get mom and dad home as soon as possible, and then will I be needing some assistance from the many of you that have offered. And to all of you I just want to say thanks, knowing that when I am back on my own I can turn to my friends in times on need means the world.

So tomorrow we begin Phase III of this long and strange trip. This phase will be the long and drawn out one. Slowly working back to a normal life. But it also means I get to start focusing on not only the here and now but the future. So much of this journey to date has been planning and getting the most out of the day ahead. Tomorrow that changes and Naomi and I start doing the little things that will allow us to get the most out of what lays ahead, and I am ready to get that part of my life back. Since getting done with grad school over a year ago Naomi and I have been through our ups and downs getting life back on track, it has been hard. Just before the accident things looked to be falling in place, and then the accident. I am not saying I am going to write the accident out of my life, but it will be nice to start focusing on the good, and the future, and our life together.

So as of tomorrow all correspondence and visits should come through our home. We are at 157 Waverly Ave. Apt. 1C, Brooklyn, NY 11205 in Fort Greene / Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn.

And be sure to check out the next post entitled 'Mission Impossible or Why I Just Won Every Argument with Naomi for the Rest of Our Lives.'

No comments:

Post a Comment